Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on March 22, 2018
March 21, 2018
What: Among the items to be heard at tomorrow's regular City Council meeting:
- The Council will consider Zoning Docket 3/18 and Motion M-18-80 relative to requirements for Adult Live Performance Venues (ALPVs) in the Vieux Carré Entertainment District.
- The Council will receive a presentation from representatives of the League of Women Voters of New Orleans (LWVNO) in celebration of their 75th anniversary.
- The Council will consider a motion directing the City Planning Commission (CPC) to conduct a study on existing short-term rental regulations to determine if any modifications are needed.
- The Council will consider adopting a resolution supporting the creation of the Pines Village Cultural District.
- Additionally, Councilmember Head will withdraw the By-Request ABO ordinance listed on tomorrow's agenda (Cal. No. 32,107) and introduce an ordinance to transfer permitting responsibility for ABOs to the Department of Safety and Permits to simplify and streamline licensure for businesses.
- The new ordinance will be discussed at the Governmental Affairs Committee hearing on March 29 before moving on to the full Council.
- The Council will receive updates on the Safe Routes to School Program and celebrate National Women in Construction Week.
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
Thursday, March 22, 2018, at 10 a.m.
City Council Chamber
City Hall, 1300 Perdido St.
Interim Chief of Staff
<< Back to News