Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on September 28, 2017
September 27, 2017
What: Among the agenda items scheduled to be heard at tomorrow's regular City Council meeting:
- The Council will consider an ordinance authorizing a multi-year Cooperative Endeavor Agreement between the City of New Orleans and the NOLA Business Alliance for expanding the organization's role in economic development activities to include workforce development initiatives.
- The Council will consider a motion reauthorizing the Environmental Advisory Committee (EAC) for an additional year from January 30, 2018, through January 31, 2019.
- The Council will consider an ordinance relative to the utilization of portions of right-of-ways for the installation and maintenance of electric vehicle chargers.
- The Council will possibly adopt a resolution to send critical aid to hurricane victims in Puerto Rico.
- The Council will hear a presentation and consider a motion relative to the upcoming 2nd Annual African American Male Wellness Walk taking place Saturday, Sept. 30, in New Orleans East.
- Additionally, the Council will honor Ms. Patricia H. Gay, who served as Executive Director of the Preservation Resource Center of New Orleans from 1980 - 2017.
- The Council will also receive a presentation in celebration of Jugs Social Club, Inc. Krewe of NOMTOC's 66th Anniversary.
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
Thursday, September 28, 2017, at 10 a.m.
City Council Chamber
City Hall, 1300 Perdido St.
<< Back to News