City Council to Accept Public Comment on Master Plan Amendments on Thursday, January 25
January 8, 2018
- The City Council will not accept public comment on amendments to the Master Plan at its Jan. 11 regular meeting as originally communicated. Public comment will be pushed to the regular meeting on Jan. 25, with final adoption of the amendment package
to the Master Plan expected to occur on Feb. 8.
Both meetings will be held at the Orleans Parish School Board
(OPSB) main offices, located at 3520 General DeGaulle Drive, while the New Orleans City Council Chamber undergoes renovations.
From the downtown area, the public may utilize the below RTA
routes and schedules to arrive at the OSPB facility:
- Bus 114 - Gen. DeGaulle Sullen: Leaves Elks Place at 9:05 a.m., arrival at approximately 9:20 a.m.; OR leaves Elks Place at 9:50 a.m., arrival at approximately 10:05 a.m.; OR leaves Elks Place at 10:40 a.m., arrival at approximately 10:55 a.m.
- Bus 115 - Gen. DeGaulle Tullis: Leaves Elks Place at 9:25 a.m., arrival at approximately 9:40 a.m.; OR leaves Elks Place at 10:10 a.m., arrival at approximately 10:25 a.m.; OR leaves Elks Place at 11 a.m., arrival at approximately 11:15 a.m.
During the renovations, the Council Chamber will be inaccessible until re-opening at the end March. The renovations will entail significant enhancements including:
- New L.E.D. down-lighting and broadcast lighting to replace the existing dim lighting and outdated theatrical style lighting
- Selected electrical, communications and audio-system upgrades
- Repaint ceiling and walls
- Replace carpet
- Refinish existing wood flooring and wood room divider
- New ADA compliant auditorium seating
- New sound attenuating curtain
- New ADA compliant lectern
Continue to check NolaCityCouncil.com
regularly for additional information and updates as they develop.
|OPSB Main Offices building located at 3520 General DeGaulle Drive|
Interim Chief of Staff
New Orleans City Council
office: (504) 658-1101
<< Back to News