The recently created City Council Environmental Advisory Committee of the New Orleans City Council requires an intern to operate as the clerk for its public meetings.
The New Orleans City Council created the Environmental Advisory Committee to specifically recommend guiding principles and practices to achieve the goals of the Master Plan and Resiliency Plan such as:
- Reducing greenhouse gas pollution and energy use;
- Increasing resilience of energy infrastructure;
- Reducing car dependence and increasing fuel efficiency, clean fuel use, and shared-use mobility, including encouraging the use of electric vehicles and increasing public awareness and understanding of electric vehicles;
- Encouraging the City, citizens, and businesses to participate in recycling and waste reduction, including composting.
The Environmental Advisory Committee Clerk Intern is responsible for the staffing of the recently appointed Environmental Advisory Committee of the New Orleans City Council.
Job duties include the following:
- Ensure that the committee meets in accordance with the Louisiana Open Meetings Laws by posting and distributing notices for the committee meetings.
- Facilitate communication between the Advisory Committee and the Chair of the City Council Public Works, Sanitation, and Environment Committee.
- Support the Advisory Committee in distributing information to members, and to the Chair of the Council.
- Analyze policy issues and recommendations.
- Two years college experience in political science, economics, public relations, history, English, communications, legal studies or other related fields.
- Research, work experience or coursework in environmental and resiliency issues.
- Law student preferred but not required.
Academic Credit may be available depending on your educational institution.
How to Apply:
Submit by email a cover letter, resume, writing sample and 2 references to -
Aylin Acikalin Maklansky
Councilmember Nadine M. Ramsey, District C
Chair, Public Works, Sanitation and Environment Committee
1300 Perdido Street, Room 2w70
New Orleans, LA 70112
No phone calls