Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on April 5, 2018
April 4, 2018
What: Among the items to be heard at tomorrow's regular City Council meeting:
- The Council will hear a presentation from the Fair Housing Action Center in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the passing of the Fair Housing Act.
- The Council will consider renaming a portion of Press Street, between Chartres Street and St. Claude Avenue, as Homer Plessy Street.
- The Council will consider an ordinance to amend the City Code relative to the installation and required specifications of driveways and sidewalks.
- The Council will consider an ordinance to allow two commercial short-term rentals on property by right, and that licenses greater than two be subject to the conditional use process in the Historic Urban Business (HU-B1) and Historic-Urban Mixed Use Districts (HU-MU).
- The Council will consider authorizing a Cooperative Endeavor Agreement (CEA) between the Mayor, the City and the University of New Orleans (UNO) to understand areas affected by severe flooding, conduct outreach to property owners, and provide educational training opportunities.
- The Council will consider an ordinance to establish applicable definitions of historic preservation and definitions relative to the demolition of properties within the jurisdiction of the Historic District and Landmarks Commission (HDLC).
- The Council will consider a resolution opposing Senate Bill 462 and any state law that strips zoning power from municipalities and parishes to promote the development of affordable housing.
- Additionally, the Council will consider an ordinance to authorize a CEA between the Mayor, the City, and the Trust for Public Land to develop a public portal of environmental, ecological, public health, citizen demographic and zoning information data to analyze potentially vulnerable infrastructure assets.
- The Council will also receive a presentation from Kiomy Ruiz and Orlin Martinez to honor Larry Bagneris of the Human Relations Commission.
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
Thursday, April 5, 2018, at 10 a.m.
City Council Chamber
City Hall, 1300 Perdido St.
Interim Chief of Staff
<< Back to News