Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on June 15, 2017
June 13, 2017
What: Among the agenda items scheduled to be heard at Thursday's regular City Council meeting:
- The Council will receive a presentation from New Orleans Pride Parade Board Member, Darryl Martin, detailing New Orleans Pride and its continued work to promote the history and future prosperity of LGBT communities in the New Orleans and Gulf areas.
- The Council will consider establishing the "SBA St. Bernard Avenue Overlay District" to promote affordable housing for senior citizens within a critical corridor of the City of New Orleans along St. Bernard Avenue from the I-10 overpass/North Claiborne Avenue to North Broad Street.
- The Council will consider adopting a resolution reaffirming its commitment to the principles of the Paris Agreement as well as the pursuit and protection of sustainable development goals in the City of New Orleans.
- The Council will consider a resolution to approve City Council/Harrah's Community Support Grants Program recipients subject to each organization's eligibility.
- The Council will receive a presentation from representatives of the YMCA Educational Services (YES!) program detailing their work promoting adult literacy in New Orleans.
- Additionally, the Council will vote to establish a temporary "Clean Zone" for the upcoming Essence Festival.
- The Council will consider an ordinance to clarify boundaries and ensure proper mapping of the Mid-City Local Historic District.
- The Council will also consider granting a conditional use to permit a community center in the Third Municipal District at 1949 Duels St. and 2741 Saint Anthony St.
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
Thursday, June 15, 2017, at 10 a.m.
City Council Chamber
City Hall, 1300 Perdido St.
Click here for map
Cleveland Spears, III
<< Back to News