Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on November 30, 2017
November 30, 2017
What: Among the agenda items scheduled to be heard at tomorrow's regular City Council meeting:
- The Council will adopt the 2018 Operating and Capital Budgets in addition to the following related 2018 budget instruments:
- Proposed Downtown Development District (DDD) 2018 Budget and Work Plan
- Levy of fees on property located in special security and improvement taxing districts
- Providing a Capital Budget for the year 2018
- Providing an Operating Budget of Revenues for the year 2018
- Providing an Operating Budget of Expenditures for the year 2018
- Amending the City Code to increase notary fees
- Adopting the DDD's 2018 Plan to provide additional capital, special services facilities and/or improvements for the DDD for the year 2018
- Adopting the New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation's (NOTMC) Promotion Program for 2018
- Setting forth a Capital Budget for 2018 projects to be funded for the remaining four years of the Five Year Capital Program (2019 - 2022)
- Approving the Operating Budget of the New Orleans Aviation Board (NOAB) for the year 2018
- Approving the Operating Budget of the Delgado-Albania Plantation Commission for the year 2018
- Approving the Operating Budget of the French Market Corporation for the year 2018
- Approving the Operating Budget of the New Orleans Municipal Yacht Harbor Management Corporation (MYHMC) for the year 2018
- Approving the Operating Budget of the Orleans Parish Communication District (OPCD) for the year 2018
- Approving the Operating Budget of the New Orleans Building Corporation (NOBC) for the year 2018
- Approving the Operating Budget of the Algiers Economic Development District for the year 2018
- The Council will consider an ordinance to amend the Code of the City relative to the Municipal Employees' Retirement System.
- The Council will consider approving budget adjustments to various departments to cover overages incurred during 2017.
- The Council will consider an ordinance to amend the Code of the City in regards to animal-drawn vehicles.
- The Council will consider authorizing the Mayor to enter into a Cooperative Endeavor Agreement (CEA) between the City and the Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) to provide funding, marketing, planning and support for an international marketing plan.
- Additionally, the Council will consider authorizing a Facility Use Agreement with the Orleans Parish School Board (OPSB) for the use of OPSB's Board Room located at 3520 General DeGaulle Drive for the first six regular meetings of 2018 while the Council Chambers undergoes renovations.
- The Council will also receive a presentation from UNITY of Greater New Orleans, a nonprofit collaborative of 60 agencies, in celebration of its 25th anniversary of housing the most vulnerable in New Orleans and Jefferson Parish.
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
Friday, December 1, 2017, at 10:30 a.m.
City Council Chamber
City Hall, 1300 Perdido St.
Cleveland Spears, III
<< Back to News