Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on April 20, 2017
April 19, 2017
What: Among the agenda items scheduled to be heard at tomorrow's regular City Council meeting:
- The Council will receive a presentation from the New Orleans (LA) Chapter of the Links, Inc., in celebration of its 60th Anniversary.
- The Council will hear the second in a series of periodic updates on tornado recovery from local churches, non-profits, community and social organizations.
- The Council will consider an ordinance relative to requirements and limitations for motor vehicle operators in an effort to enhance bicycle safety.
- The Council will consider an ordinance to amend the Code of the City of New Orleans relative to the security of taxicabs, which mandates that all taxicabs be equipped with silent alarm features.
- The Council will consider a resolution encouraging Governor John Bel Edwards and the State Legislature to adopt House Bill 262 authorizing the City of New Orleans to establish a process by which the Mayor and the City Council may approve contracts of the Industrial Development Board.
- The Council will consider a motion to allow the demolition of the former 2,500 square ft Nora Navra Library, which will be replaced with a new 7,800 square ft library.
- The Council will consider a resolution, which states its commitment to making public health a top priority through the promotion of policies that ensure equal access to a full range of reproductive health services.
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
When: Thursday, April 20, 2017, at 10 a.m.
Where: City Council Chamber
City Hall, 1300 Perdido St.
Media Contact: Cleveland Spears, III
<< Back to News