Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on July 26, 2018
July 25, 2018
What: Among the items to be heard at tomorrow's regular meeting of the City Council:
- The Council will consider an ordinance to clarify the duties of the New Orleans Police Department Traffic Bureau and update existing requirements relative to traffic arrests and issuing of citations.
- The Council will receive a presentation from the New Orleans Complete Streets Coalition and consider a corresponding resolution in support of a data-driven and equity-focused Complete Streets policy.
- The Council will consider a resolution honoring the life and legacy of human rights activist and political leader Felicia Kahn, who recently passed away on June 21.
- The Council will consider a resolution to support the work of Shift Change following the organization's presentation highlighting new initiatives to combat sexual harassment in the service industry at the last regular meeting.
- The Council will consider an ordinance to allow and facilitate the completion of the Bayou St. John Drainage Project.
- The Council will consider a resolution advocating for the building and implementation of trauma-informed systems within the Orleans Parish School Board.
- Additionally, the Council will receive a presentation from Emerge Louisiana on its current program initiatives and honor the Fighting Cancer Flag Football team for placing first in the national tournament and earning nearly $1M for cancer research.
- Please note: the Council will defer Ordinance No. 32,292 relative to establishing permits and fees for businesses offering rental motorized novelty vehicles until it has been considered by the Transportation Committee on July 31.
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
Thursday, July 26, 2018, at 10 a.m.
City Council Chamber
Chief of Staff
<< Back to News