What: Among the agenda items scheduled to be heard at tomorrow's regular City Council meeting:
- The Council will honor the Edna Karr and Landry-Walker High School football teams on winning their respective Louisiana Football State Championships and adopt a resolution naming December 10, 2016, as Algiers Champions Day.
- The Council will vote on legislation to set up an Environmental Advisory Committee of technical experts and community leaders to advise the Council on policy to forward the City's resiliency and climate action strategy.
- The Council will consider the creation of the Uptown and Carrollton Local Historic Districts and grant the Historic Landmarks Commission jurisdiction over demolitions within said districts.
- The Council will hear a presentation from the Ekhaya Youth Project, which provides services to parents, youths, and families with emotional and behavioral health challenges.
- The Council will consider revisions to the municipal code for fee waiver allowances to discount certain kinds of fees while eliminating the ad hoc fee waiver system.
- The Council will hear from the Faubourg Tremé Association, Tremé Festival Committee representatives and a representative from St. Augustine Church on the success of the 2nd Annual Tremé Fall Festival.
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
When: Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 10 a.m.
Where: City Council Chamber
City Hall, 1300 Perdido St.
Media Contact: Cleveland Spears, III