Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on March 9, 2017
March 8, 2017
What: Among the agenda items scheduled to be heard at tomorrow's regular City Council meeting:
- The Council does not plan to take action on agenda items relating to the Plan for the 21st Century, or the Master Plan, until April 6, 2017.
- The Council will hear a presentation from the NOPD 7th District honoring Sergeant Eric Berger for his heroic actions in saving a senior resident after the ground collapsed beneath him on Downman Road on January 11, 2017.
- The Council will consider the creation of the Parkview Historic District, which will grant the Historic Districts Landmarks Commission (HDLC) jurisdiction over demolitions within the boundaries of the district.
- The Council will consider two ordinances to amend the Operating Budget of Expenditures for the City for 2017 to appropriate funds to the Office of Homeland Security for disaster-related operating expenses.
- The Council will review and vote on eight individual appointments to the Environmental Advisory Committee, which was established January 12, 2017.
- The Council will consider an ordinance to add additional federal funds to the Bayou St. John Drainage Project.
- Additionally, the Council will receive a presentation from St. Mary's Academy, recognizing it's 150th Anniversary.
- The Council will consider an amendment to require Affordable Housing Impact Statements (AHIS) for all applications seeking density bonuses and to require the CPC staff to provide a density review of the AHIS relative to said bonuses.
- The Council will consider a request for conditional use to permit a medical clinic with drive-through facilities on the Vista Park Addition Subdivision.
- The Council will also consider two ordinances to amend the Operating Budgets of Revenues and Expenditures for the City for 2017 to appropriate funds from the City's fund balance to the Sheriff for prisoner-related operating expenses.
- To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
When: Thursday, March 9, 2017, at 10 a.m.
Where: City Council Chamber
City Hall, 1300 Perdido St.
Media Contact: Cleveland Spears, III
<< Back to News