Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on June 21, 2018
June 20, 2018
What: Among the items to be heard at tomorrow's regular meeting of the City Council:
- The Council will consider a resolution (R-18-253) declaring its opposition to the national "zero tolerance" immigration policy which separates children from families.
- The Council will consider a resolution requesting all Civil Service Commission meetings be held in the Council Chamber at City Hall to allow greater engagement with the community and address pressing hiring challenges.
- The Council will consider a resolution expressing its strong support of the Mayor's decision to employ an outside vendor to detect fraudulent, improper, or incorrect homestead exemption claims.
- The Council will consider a motion directing the City Planning Commission (CPC) to conduct a study to appropriately classify, define and regulate "small box discount stores" to ensure greater diversity of food choices within New Orleans communities.
- Additionally, the Council will honor the late Judge Joan Bernard Armstrong, the first female judge in Louisiana, who recently passed away on June 9.
- The Council will also consider ratifying and confirming various Mayoral appointments to City boards and commissions.
- PLEASE NOTE: The Council will NOT take action on Ordinance No. 32,288 to establish a temporary moratorium on the issuance of permits and licenses for Short-Term Rentals (STRs).
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
Thursday, June 21, 2018, at 10 a.m.
City Council Chamber
Chief of Staff
<< Back to News