Media Advisory: Agenda Highlights for Regular Council Meeting on December 14, 2017
December 13, 2017
What: Among the agenda items scheduled to be heard at tomorrow's regular City Council meeting:
- The Council will hear a presentation from Major General David Mize, Chairman of the Mayor's Military Advisory Committee, in honor of Military Day in New Orleans.
- The Council will receive the Sewerage & Water Board (S&WB) 2017 Fourth Quarter and Annual Reports beginning at approximately 12:30 p.m. The report of the Board is available here.
- The Council will consider an ordinance and corresponding resolution relative to controlled substances and the prohibition of distributing drug paraphernalia.
- The Council will consider ordinances to amend the Operating Budget of Revenues and the Operating Budget of Expenditures for the year 2018. These ordinances are part of the budget adoption package that occurred as part of the adoption of the annual operating budget on December 1, 2017.
- The Council will possibly adopt a resolution supporting the Vision Zero Initiative with the goal of reducing traffic fatalities and serious injuries in New Orleans.
- The Council will consider an ordinance to amend the Code of the City of New Orleans relative to animal-drawn vehicles.
- The Council will establish temporary "Clean Zones" for the 2018 French Quarter Festival and the 2018 Satchmo SummerFest (SSF).
- The Council will consider establishing a Conditional Use to permit a gas station at 5330 Saint Claude Avenue.
- Please note: While certain matters pertaining to amendments to the Master Plan will be officially received by the Council tomorrow, December 14, the Council will not take action on those matters until the deadline on January 25, 2018. Public comment will be heard at either the January 11 or January 25 meeting taking place at the Orleans Parish School Board (OPSB) main offices, at 3250 General DeGaulle Drive while the Council Chamber undergoes renovations.
To view the regular meeting agenda, click here.
Thursday, December 14, 2017, at 10:00 a.m.
City Council Chamber
<< Back to News